Kent Police NHW have advised that there have been several garage break-ins in the area. It is suggested that residents take appropriate precautions to ensure their garages are secure. (April 2015)

Police News

KCC and Kent Police Partnership

PCSO Pete Gardner and KCC Community Warden Mira Martin are part of the Kent Community Safety Partnership, between Kent Police and Kent County Council. Pete polices Staplehurst, Mira works in Staplehurst and Marden.They can be contacted in the following ways:

Mira Martin: mob: 07969 584179 e-mail:  [email protected]

PCSO Pete Gardner: email:
[email protected].
The partnership was formed to give rural communities the opportunity to work towards achieving the quality of life everyone expects with the help and support of Pete and Mira.
Between them you have the opportunity to voice your concerns about anything that affects your everyday life in the village. They will do their very best to achieve positive results. They will be pro-active in the village, but can only deal with issues that are brought to their attention. Any information given will be dealt with confidentially. Their work is dependant on this information.
They are also able to give advice on crime issues, crime prevention, council matters, anti-social behaviour etc.

Further information about the latest Police operating model was released on 24th June 2014.  Details are available in the announcement here:

For all emergencies dial 999

101 The police non-emergency number

101 is the number to call when you want to contact your local police - when it’s less urgent than a 999 call. 101 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week 

When to call 101?  You should call 101 to report less urgent crime and disorder or to speak to your local officers.

For example, you should call 101 if:

  • your car has been stolen
  • your property has been damaged
  • you suspect drug use or dealing in your neighbourhood

Or to:

  • report a minor traffic collision
  • give the police information about crime in your area
  • speak to the police about a general enquiry

All police non-emergency contact numbers are '101' no matter where you are in the country or which force is required.

Kent Police can also be contacted by text

Text the word 'police' then leave a space and write your message including what and where the problem is. Send your text to 60066 (the Kent Police communications centre) and the Police will reply with a message. If a reply message is not received quickly, please try one of the other methods of communication shown on the website

The main Kent Police Facebook site is regularly updated with news and advice and allows the Police to answer your queries about policing in Kent. Please do not report a crime using this method.

The main Kent Police Twitter Page @kent_police is updated every day with news headlines and crime prevention advice.  It gives the Police the chance to answer your queries and pass on timely information. Your local site is

Kent Police have videos on YouTube offering crime prevention advice, safety tips and news on what's happening in Kent

The Kent Police online beat meetings are another way for communities to talk to their neighbourhood officers, say what communities want the Police to be working on and to find out what the Police are doing about crime and ant-social behaviour in the community.

The Police upload images, including CCTV images, to Flickr, particularly where they are appealing to identify individuals or locate people. They also use Flickr to publish pictures of seized property, trying to reunite items with the owners. 

All of this information and web links to Twitter / YouTube / online beat meetings / Flickr can be   found on the website

The following useful link contains a lot of frequently asked questions:    

An e-newsletter is produced by Kent Police, which contains information about your district. You will receive a short round-up of information every two weeks; crime prevention advice and events for your district. Sign up and find out more through this link -
A series of themed advice guides are now available as easy-to-read downloads from the Kent Police website at

The Metropolitan Police has published a guide to help recognise and deal with scams

Country Eye
Promoting rural safety
Country Eye is a partnership between the rural community, Kent Police
and Neighbourhood Watch.
The aim of the partnership is to help reduce crime and the fear of crime
by involving all members of the community and protecting those who are most
Membership is open to individuals, businesses or community
Country Eye is administered locally in each of the six Kent Police
areas by the local Neighbourhood Watch liaison officers. They
are supported by volunteers. Information is circulated daily to all
participating groups.

Joint working

The police cannot work in isolation. Country Eye promotes the sharing of
information and the gathering of crime-related intelligence.
This is achieved by using modern communication methods and the
co-operation of Country Eye's many rural partners.

These include:
· landowners
· parish councils

· libraries
· schools

· river and waterway organisations

· horse watch

· wildlife organisations

· post offices

· local businesses

· rural churches

To find out more about Country Eye in your area contact your volunteer watch liaison officer or
call 01622 654143.